Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Getting ahead...

One of the advantages of working in a school is half-term week. It means – if the time is used wisely – you can get a week ahead of your course work, and allow yourself to feel a little smug. Well, that’s what I do anyway. Of course, when the weather is horrible, then it’s really no loss to sit inside reading twice as much as a normal week. Of course, one of the dis-advantages of working in a school is that you pick up all the horrible snotty colds, and vomiting things that spread like wildfire. This, of course, leaves you unable to do anything for a week. The two kind of cancel each other out. So after a week of smugness I now find myself in “thank goodness I got a week ahead when I could” mode – I won’t go into details! The rubbish weather has been a bit challenging on a photography course. Invariably the blue skies have appeared when I haven’t been able to get out and about with my camera, so I have been having to amuse myself by taking photos indoors. This week I have been taking close up photos of Belgian chocolates. That wasn’t one of the assignments, by the way – it’s one I invented myself. It’s all about making the most of opportunities. In the last couple of weeks of this course, I intend to see just what I can get away with buying on the pretence of “needing” it for a photo shoot. I’ve always fancied an eternity ring…

No comments: